Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Falls Out of the Truck

Readers,
Today we had another adventurous reunion with our old pals, and part of the day included riding in the back of a pickup truck along an old back road in Big Sur. We would just like to point out that while participating in such an activity, one MUST stay strong.

There is nothing quite so simple as riding in the back of an old pickup truck. To me, such an activity speaks of simpler times, before rampant STD's and car jackers. Anyways, as far as I can tell, there is no other way on earth to be simultaneously frightened for your life, yet utterly at ease. The wind and dust in your hair (and eyes) has a soothing summery feel to it, yet you certainly feel grimy after the ride is over.
Although, as we all know.... it's all fun and games until the truck goes careening off the edge of a perilous ravine. I mean, imagine that happening for a second. I'm pretty sure no one would continue laughing and clapping their hands with careless glee. No, those of us with blood still actively running through our veins (of course I include myself among the surviving) are thinking one of several things:
  1. "Fuck. Now the car is broken down and we have to walk."
  2. "Lester!!! Can you hear me?? Does anyone know CPR?"
  3. "This is the prime time for me to rehearse my interview, because this is sure to be on the news at some point".
  4. "Where is my camera? This needs to be caught on film."
Just sayin', folks. Better safe than sorry.
[Wrightless Smalls]
Dirt. I think I'm completely covered in dirt. Today, we went to Big Sur with the same friends we went to the German restaurant with. We sat in the back of our friend Kelly's truck with Lisa. As soon as we started to go. I knew there was going to be problems. I braced my self as we sped at 30 miles/hour through the private property. It was insane. The turns were quick, dust was everywhere, and my life flashed before my eyes. Then we were fine. I guess the moral of the story is... thrills are fun, but don't get yourself killed or anything. Also, I Got a Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas is a GREAT song.
Ok. Peace.
~Ella Mentry~

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Is Lester okay?!? I'm really worried about him... he still hasn't returned home! LESTER!!!

    ReplyDelete