Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cookies: Friend or Foe?

Sup Readers,
As summer winds down and it becomes "back to school season", mothers tend to do an extraordinary amount of baking. While we all look forward to coming home to a plate of warm, fresh cookies, do they not come back to bite you in the ass (and hips..and stomach) later? Stay strong - resist that third or fourth cookie, friends.

Damn cookies!! Not once can I just take one, savor it, and wait until tomorrow to eat another. NO sir! Throughout
the day I find reasons to snack on them, like "this double chocolate chip cookie would be exquisite with my morning
coffee", or "dessert after lunch? Why not!?".
I find myself eating them with glee and then promptly feeling hateful towards myself. And have you ever noticed
that the BAKER of the cookies (usually the mother figure in these parts) is never the one tossing them back like they're
popcorn? I mean really, you'd think that by the time one was of the ripe Sophomore in college age that I have come to,
I would have learned to control my cookie fetish. Alas.... not yet.
[Wrightless Smalls]
Cookie monster. Didn't he have the life? I think we all have an
inner cookie monster. He comes out, takes over our bodies, and eats
unbelievable amounts of cookies. He's happy; then, he leaves, satisfied,
and you are the one who feels like a huge blue monster. Cookies are friends
in moderation and foes in excess.
And now I will close with a famous quote:
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me."
-The Cookie Monster
~Ella Mentry~

No comments:

Post a Comment