Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Holidays Have Arrived!

Hello Folks,

Our deepest apologies about our lack of correspondence. School has been unusually crazy and painful, but we shall try to end 2009 the way we began it: we ARE staying strong. And we know you are. Now treat yourself to some thoughts on holiday cheer.

For the past 19 Christmases (aka my whole life), I have had this rule foisted upon me: NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC OR HOLIDAY CHEER UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING. And folks, I dutifully have followed that rule... until this year. That's right... while Christmas shopping with my roommates in the beautiful Santa Barbara this past weekend, I couldn't help but feel the need for some holiday music. At first I felt guilty for listening early. Until I realized that I have been in a grand mood ever since I started listening to it. The moral of the story: Christmas music is appropriate in November.
Another reason to love the holidays: peppermint mochas from Starbucks. I know I don't need to elaborate on that one.
[Wrightless Smalls]

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch! You have termites in your smiiiilllee!
You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile MR.GRIIINNNNCCHHH!!! I LOVE THIS SONG!. Also, I love Christmas. I can't deny it. I can't hide it. I am the reason people get annoyed with Christmas, because I never get annoyed with it. There is such cheer everywhere during the holiday season! The best treats are out! You can get free peppermint hot chocolate and cider at William's and Sonoma. The holidays are great, and there is no denying it! Christmas music is snazzy and fun to sing along. There's mistltoe for all you soon to be, and current, lovers out there! So, don't be a Grinch! Soak this holiday season up! It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year!
~Ella Mentry~

No comments:

Post a Comment